Clearwater Hip Pain Treatment
Experienced Orthopedists Are Here to Help
Hip pain can occur from the joint itself or the soft tissue surrounding it. The location of your hip pain can often reveal the underlying cause.
Hip pain can radiate into other areas of the body, including:
- Buttock area
- Front of thigh into your knee
- On the boney side of your hip joint
The hip joint itself results in pain on the inside of your hip or your groin and can radiate into the knee. Pain on the outside of your hip, upper thigh or outer buttock is usually caused by problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons, bursa and the soft tissue around your hip joint.
Need help with hip pain? Contact Comprehensive Spine Institute today at (727) 300-2537.
What’s Causing Your Hip Pain?
Hip pain can also be caused by diseases and conditions in other areas of your body, such as your lower back causing referred pain.
Conditions that cause hip pain include:
- Arthritis of the hip
- Fractures or dislocation of the hip joint
- Bursitis of the hip joint
- Congenital disorders like hip dysplasia and Perthe’s disease
- Labral tears of the hip joint
- Avascular necrosis of the hip joint
- Auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, etc.
We will need to perform an assessment to diagnose the source of your pain. This often involves using imaging technology such as x-rays, bone scans, MRI, and hip arthroscopy.
When the source of your pain is diagnosed, it can be treated with shots, stem cells, surgery (including arthroscopic hip surgery), or joint regeneration and medication as appropriate. Our innovative procedures provide fast and effective recovery.