TENS Therapy in Clearwater
Reduce Pain with Electrical Stimulation
TENS sends low voltage currents to stimulate the nerves in the affected area which often helps patients relieve pain.
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) Therapy is the most common form of electrical stimulation used for pain management. TENS is a safe, non-invasive pain management therapy often paired with other non-invasive treatments. It is also used to aid in healing after surgical treatments and fractures.
The TENS machine generates a gentle electric current that is delivered through small electrodes that attach to your skin. This current helps to reduce pain by stimulating the local nerves and sensory fibers, much like rubbing your knee after bumping it on the corner of the coffee table.
The rubbing helps to override the pain sensation, providing relief. Essentially, electrical stimulation follows the same idea, exciting the nerves to alleviate pain and encouraging the production of endorphins, which are natural pain relievers produced by the body.
Benefits of TENS Therapy
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) Therapy in Clearwater offers various benefits for pain management and rehabilitation:
- Pain Relief: TENS delivers electrical impulses that can reduce the perception of pain by inhibiting pain signals.
- Non-Invasive: TENS is a non-invasive and drug-free pain management option.
- Muscle Relaxation: It helps relax tense muscles by promoting the release of endorphins, the body's natural painkillers.
- Improved Circulation: TENS may enhance blood flow, promoting better oxygenation and nutrient delivery to tissues.
- Versatility: TENS units are adaptable for various conditions, including chronic pain, acute injuries, and musculoskeletal issues.
- Reduced Medication Dependence: TENS can complement or reduce the need for pain medications, minimizing potential side effects.
Will TENS Therapy Help My Pain?
TENS Therapy is prescribed for a variety of reasons, but it is most commonly used in cases of:
- Post Procedure
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Injury
- Chronic Pain
If you are interested in learning more about TENS therapy, contact our office today for an appointment.
5 Symptoms of Back Issues That Are Commonly Overlooked
Back pain is one of the most common physical complaints across all ages and populations. In most cases, it is caused by ...Read More
Prepping Your Body for Pickleball
Pickleball is a sport that has gained immense popularity in recent years, and for good reason. It is fun, exciting, and ...Read More
Posture Correction for a Healthy Spine and Reduced Back Pain
It's no secret that good posture plays a significant role in maintaining a healthy spine and reducing back pain. ...Read More
Tips for Relieving Joint Pain: Exercises and Stretches
Living with joint pain can be both physically and emotionally challenging. Whether you're dealing with arthritis, an ...Read More