Epidural Steroid Injections in Clearwater
Minimally Invasive Pain Relief Option
The goal of Epidural Steroid Injections is to relieve spine and/or limb pain. Epidural steroid injections deliver medication directly (or very near) the source of pain generation. Many patients choose them over oral steroids and painkillers which have a more generalized impact and may have unacceptable side effects.
Epidural steroid injections are minimally invasive with a short recovery period making them a great choice for immediate relief. Additionally, if the pain stems from chemical inflammation, an epidural steroid injection will help control this local inflammation aiding in pain relief.
What Do Epidural Steroid Injections Treat?
Epidural Steroid Injections are commonly used for treating radiating spine pain from degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, spondylosis and arthritis. Other uses include the treatment of pain from post-surgical conditions, post-herpetic or post-traumatic (including intercostal) neuralgia, muscle contraction headaches, or from a sub acute inflammatory spine pain syndromes unresponsive to more conservative treatment.
Steroids inhibit the inflammatory response caused by chemical and mechanical sources of pain. Steroids also work by reducing the activity of the immune system to react to inflammation associated with nerve or tissue damage.
Are Epidural Steroid Injections right for me?
Although only your doctor can tell you if Steroid Injections are the right treatment plan for you, you might be a qualifying candidate if:
- You are experiencing pain from degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, or spondylosis
- You have tried other treatment options like (but not limited to) physical therapy, bracing, or pain medication without success
- Your pain is caused by inflammation
- Your pain radiates down your arms or legs
Benefits of Epidural Steroid Injections
Epidural steroid injections offer several benefits in pain management, including:
- Reduced Inflammation: The injections help reduce inflammation and swelling around the spinal nerves, providing relief from pain associated with conditions such as herniated discs and spinal stenosis.
- Pain Relief: Epidural steroid injections can provide significant pain relief, allowing patients to resume daily activities and participate in rehabilitation programs more comfortably.
- Improved Mobility: By reducing pain and inflammation, these injections can improve mobility and function, enabling patients to engage in physical therapy and exercise for enhanced recovery.
- Minimally Invasive: The procedure is minimally invasive, involving a simple injection, and can be performed on an outpatient basis, leading to a quicker recovery compared to more invasive surgical interventions.
- Non-Surgical Option: Epidural steroid injections provide a non-surgical alternative for individuals experiencing chronic pain, offering a conservative approach before considering more invasive treatments.
It is important to consult with our team to determine if epidural steroid injections are suitable for your specific condition and pain management needs. Contact us today.
Tips for Relieving Joint Pain: Exercises and Stretches
Living with joint pain can be both physically and emotionally challenging. Whether you're dealing with arthritis, an ...Read More
Common Triggers for Wrist Pain
Wrist pain can be a nagging and disruptive issue that affects your daily life, from simple tasks like typing on a ...Read More
When is Joint Replacement Necessary?
Joint pain can significantly impact one's quality of life, leading to limited mobility and chronic discomfort. While ...Read More
Gentle Summer Activities to Limit Back Pain
Summer is the perfect time to get out and enjoy the great outdoors, but it can be a season of discomfort and limitation ...Read More