Interventional Back Pain Treatments Clearwater
Spine Injections to Relieve Pain
Even if conservative treatments do not provide the relief you need from back pain, there are still some treatment options available before you have to consider surgery. At Comprehensive Spine Institute, we offer numerous interventional treatments that, while not completely noninvasive, are still a much more conservative option than surgery or even minimally invasive surgery.
Our interventional spine treatments include:
- Epidural Steroid Injections – These are steroid injections applied to the areas of pain in the spine. They are commonly used to treat degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, spondylosis, and arthritis.
- Facet Injections – These are injections of numbing and anti-inflammatory agents applied to the facet joints between each vertebra in the spine. They provide long-term relief from spinal axial pain.
- Spinal Cord Stimulators – A spinal cord stimulator is an FDA-approved device that is implanted just under the skin to deliver low-voltage electrical current to nerves in the spine, interrupting and masking pain signals.
- Stem Cell Therapy – In stem cell therapy, stem cells are collected from the patient’s own bone marrow and applied to the weakened areas of the spine that need to regrow cartilage.
- Radiofrequency Ablation - Radiofrequency ablation is a minimally invasive procedure that can provide lasting relief to those suffering from facet joint pain
You can learn more about these treatment options from the links above. The results of these treatments can tell us more about the nature of your back pain and whether or not surgery will one day be necessary. A common method of diagnosing the source of back pain is to use an injection to numb a specific nerve or cluster of nerve and see if that relieves the pain. If it does, we can confirm that this is where the pain is coming from and starting working on a more long-term treatment plan.
If you have questions about our interventional spine treatments, call Comprehensive Spine Institute today at (727) 300-2537. We serve Clearwater and the surrounding areas.
Minimal Wait Time
You shouldn't have to wait a profound amount of time to see a physician we'll get you in, in two weeks or less.
Education Is Key
We believe in educating our patients so they feel empowered when making decisions about their care.
3 Convenient Locations
We are easily accessible with 3 locations that are able to provide the same quality of care.
We pride ourselves on providing our patients with care from physicians who specialize in their needs.
Make Spine Care a Priority in the New Year Your spine is the foundation of your body, and it's essential that you take care of it. The spine is composed of a complex structure of bones, discs, muscles, ligaments, and tendons that work together ... Read Post
Home for the Holidays: 5 Ways to Avoid Joint Pain While Traveling Are you looking forward to your upcoming holiday travel plans? Whether it's a road trip or a flight to visit family and friends, travel can often lead to discomfort and even pain in our necks and ... Read Post
Recovering from Orthopedic Surgery 6 Helpful Tips for Surgery Recovery While spine surgery can successfully treat pain and restore function, it's also an extensive surgery with a lengthy recovery period. Whether you're preparing for ... Read Post